SSP opens its first food and beverage units in Brazil
SSP Group, a leading operator of food and beverage outlets in travel retail locations worldwide, has opened its first outlets at Brazil’s two main international airports: Rio de Janeiro Tom Jobim International Airport (RIOgaleão) and São Paulo International Airport (GRU Airport).
The new units are the first to open under a joint venture partnership between SSP and Duty Free Americas (DFA), following the win of contracts worth circa (USD) 90 million running over nine years.
SSP openings at Rio de Janeiro Tom Jobim International Airport:
- The first Upper Crust in Brazil; the unit boasts 120 sqm of space with spacious seating, impressive views and delicious meals – passengers can choose from its traditional menu of sandwiches, baguettes and snacks, as well as fillings inspired by Brazil
- Mi Casa Burritos and Monty’s Dogs & Cones; located in the landside food court, Mi Casa Burritos offers a generous range of authentic Mexican cuisine and Monty’s Dogs & Cones serves American-style hot dogs and ice creams
- Factory Bar & Kitchen will soon be unveiled
SSP openings at São Paulo International Airport:
- The airport’s first Mexican concept: Mi Casa Burritos; from its bright and enticing décor to its wide range of traditional dishes, the 100 sqm unit offers a truly authentic Mexican vibe
- SSP expanded its landside F&B offer at the airport with the recent openings of three units: Cambden Food Co. (offering indulgent sandwiches & salads and healthy options), Factory Bar & Kitchen (offering dishes that appeal to both local and international tastes) and Monty’s Dogs & Cones
Passengers at both airports can stop by the artisan coffee specialist, Ritazza. Located in the international departures area and the landside arrivals area, respectively.
SSP will continue to develop its operations at Rio de Janeiro Tom Jobim International Airport and São Paulo International Airport in the upcoming months. Coming soon to both airports: Jamie’s Deli restaurant, taking the global partnership between SSP and Jamie Oliver Restaurants to 18 outlets. Jamie’s Deli restaurant will serve tasty Italian-inspired salads, sandwiches, hot Italian dishes, antipasti and hand-stretched Neapolitan pizza to order.
Rossana Spena, General Manager, SSP Brazil, shared; “We’re incredibly proud and excited to be introducing some of SSP’s own brands to South America for the first time at two of Brazil’s busiest airports. These concepts have proven extremely popular with travelers across the world. I’m certain that passengers in Brazil will be equally as impressed with these much-loved brands.”