Concha Y Toro focuses on Asia Pacific GTR
Viña Concha y Toro is one of the world’s top 5 wine companies by volume. The company, which is Latin America’s leading wine producer, is making a strategic move into global travel retail.
With a particular focus on the Asia Pacific, the company will launch key brands throughout the region, tailoring dynamic marketing campaigns for the channel.
Concha y Toro has seen dramatic success in the region on the domestic level, spearheading the rapid increase in popularity of South American wines.
Its diverse portfolio has helped drive growth of over 50% in its premium wine portfolio in China, Japan and Korea. During the same period, its flagship brand Casillero del Diablo as seen sales increases of 90%.
Included in the brands earmarked for GTR in the region include:
• Casillero del Diablo, which was recognized as #2 in the 2018 Global Wine Brand Power Index by Wine Intelligence
• 1000 Stories, a premium California wine aged in Bourbon casks
• Trivento, Europe’s best-selling Malbec
• Marques de Casa Concha, a series of multi-award-winning single-vineyard Chilean wines
• Don Melchor, one of the world’s leading Cabernet Sauvignons
Guy Nussey, Regional Director Asia Pacific, Concha y Toro, commented: “Asia has arguably become the most dynamic and exciting premium wine market in the world, and one in which we have made major investments. The region currently represents over 15% of Concha y Toro wine exports.
“Given the strong brand awareness we’ve built domestically in the region, we are looking to mirror this success in the thriving travel retail channel, where we see significant untapped growth opportunities.