AIRMALL at BWI Marshall helps travelers feel their best with Fit2Fly
Healthy habits can be difficult to keep up when traveling, and so during the week of April 27 to May 1, Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI Marshall) is helping travelers to stay fit and healthy with its Fit2Fly program. AIRMALL and its tenants are offering complimentary health and wellness services and promotions including free yoga classes, a 1K walk on the airport’s cardio trail and health-oriented giveaways.
“From grabbing fresh fruit as a snack for the plane to walking the terminal while waiting for your flight, there are easy ways that travelers can incorporate a health and wellness routine into their travels,” said Brett Kelly, vice president of AIRMALL Maryland. “During our Fit2Fly week, we’re showing travelers that staying fit while traveling is not only possible, but also fun and easy. We hope that travelers will partake in our complimentary health and wellness offerings to kick off their travels on a healthy note.”
BWI Marshall took first place in the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s 2014 Airport Food Review of the nation’s busiest airports, and during this week AIRMALL will help passengers discover the range of healthy food options with a special dining guide for travelers and by distributing free healthy snack options in the terminals. AIRMALL will also provide travelers with handouts that provide easy tips for staying healthy on the go, including modifying your favorite yoga poses to relax mid-flight and being mindful of your water intake to stay hydrated.
Activities scheduled during Fit2Fly week include:
- Monday, April 27: Charm City Run will be in the A/B Food Court to share running and fitness tips and information on upcoming Baltimore-area races.
- Tuesday, April 28: Be Relax will offer free hand massages in the A/B Food Court.
- Wednesday, April 29: Designated as Fit2Fly Day.
- Free yoga sessions with Charm City Yoga in the C8 Gate Room from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fun giveaways include yoga mats, water bottles and jump ropes.
- Free “healthy choices” tasting event at Silver Diner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- A crew from WLIF-FM will join in the fun from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, May 1: Friday Fun Walk—1K Cardio Trail, 10 a.m.
- Begin at Pathfinders station in front of D checkpoint, pre-security
- Drawing for a FitBit wireless wristband.