MSC announces retail reinvention
After a devastating 2019-2020 and a non-existent 2021-2021, MSC Cruises is doing all it can to ensure future guests have an unforgettable experience.
The company’s upcoming flagship MSC Seashore has had a complete renovation of 65% of her public spaces, including a newly designed retail area.
MSC Cruises has always had an exceptional, award-winning retail experience, and this is only being heightened. The ship’s new layout offers a shopping space now 72% larger than that of her sister ships, with two extra shops.
Some features include:
- A massive New York-themed piazza with an impressive 971 square meters of retail space across three decks, offering whatever a guest might desire
- The new seamless, open-space design allows guests to flow effortlessly from shop to shop without physical barriers
- A multitude of interactive ways to experience the range of products
- A stellar line-up of world-class brands
- A brand-new multisensory fragrance bar with videos
- A tasting bar in the duty free shop
- The dedicated jewelry area has more than tripled its size
- This area will feature three separate luxury watch and jewelry spaces
- Another shopping area will be located on Deck 8 in Liberty Plaza
- In Liberty Plaza, guests will find ‘discovery islands.’ These will feature rotating products and offerings, including items such as recycled plastic sunglasses or coral-safe sunscreen
- The new MSC Shop will have a unique new design inspired by the shape of a snail shell, where guests can find all their favourite MSC-themed merchandise
- The MSC Shop will include a range of ship-specific products
Adrian Pittaway, MSC Cruises Head of Retail, said of the opening of the retail and other new spaces on the ship, “In sync with the rest of the ship’s innovative ethos, we created a dynamic concept for MSC SEASHORE that is at “One with the Sea”. Making the Seashore retail connect to the ocean in a fluid interconnected retail concept that seamlessly brings together the upscaled different retail concepts, the stunning entertainment spaces of the ship and the panoramic outside ocean vistas together by bringing in the most amount of natural light from the sea of any of our ships. Large panoramic windows, natural hublots out to the ocean mean that the newly increased spaces will bring all of our premium brands to life in a reflective and inspiring way. By maximizing the efficiency of the useable retail space inside and outside, we have been able to innovate with a truly open plan feeling that is entertaining inside and outside during trading hours, giving the guests a continuing sense of anticipation, storytelling and brand connection. We have created a number of exciting events and experiences during the cruise and use these new dynamic areas to present something new every day of the cruise, whilst keeping the guests entertained. As the seashore is the dynamic space between the land and the sea, so on MSC Seashore our retailing is also designed to bring retail excitement into a new open dynamic spaces closer to the sea than ever before.”