Shiseido Travel Retail’s holiday collections aim to illuminate
Shiseido Travel Retail is ringing in the festive season with four new limited-edition ranges from its beauty brands Shiseido, Clé de Peau Beauté, Nars and Laura Mercier.
The holiday collections are available in travel retail from November 2018. The company worked with different artists to develop the concepts, with each brand’s collection telling a different story and offering consumers exclusive gifting options for the year-end season.
Philippe Lesné, President and CEO, Shiseido Travel Retail, said: “Entering the festive season, Shiseido Travel Retail is embracing the spirit of gifting in collaboration with some exceptional artists. These sensational limited-edition collections represent our largest-ever range of holiday exclusives introduced to the travel retail channel, across four of our biggest brands in make-up and skincare, helping retailers maximize the beauty gifting opportunity at this time of the year."
Shiseido’s Ribbonesia collection is built on the philosophy of bringing inner beauty to the surface and was designed by Japanese artists Baku Maeda and Toru Yoshikawa.
The artists used ribbons as a design medium and their work is inspired by nature, creating colorful pieces that include hummingbirds and flowers.
The collection is underpinned by the message that one’s skin and spirit can be perfected and brightened through Shiseido products, and that beauty is all around us, whether visible or invisible, and it is ours to share.
The collection features:
• Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate, Shiseido’s star product, available in travel retail Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) and Americas, in two sizes – 75ml and a travel-exclusive 100ml;
• ModernMatte Powder Lipstick Expressive Deluxe Mini Set, includes five lipsticks that range from soft neutrals to brilliant reds. The creamy lipstick transforms into a weightless powder on the lips, delivering a smooth, velvety color. The lipstick set is only available in travel retail EMEA; and
• Synchro Skin Cushion Compact Case, available in black and white, comes with a face puff that features a dainty flower on the handle. This limited-edition cushion compact casing is only available in travel retail Asia Pacific.
Clé de Peau Beauté’s holiday collection
Clé de Peau Beauté’s holiday collection, Collection Féeries d’Hiver, signifies a winter wonderland and is designed by award-winning surrealist illustrator Daria Petrilli.
The packaging artwork features a whimsical world that aims to take the consumer on a journey through a beautiful flower garden. The brand’s logo, a gold key, represents the key to beautiful skin.
Key products include:
• La Crème, known for its anti-ageing Illuminating Complex EX, in a redesigned pastel rose packaging;
• Lipstick Cashmere - two matte lipsticks in the shades 504 (Follow Me, a sweet, beige pink) and 505 (Paint Me, a bold, vivid pink); and
• Refining Press Powder, a luxurious face powder in an exclusive shade of pastel pink (Pink Push Me), which brightens and ensures that make-up stays fresh on the skin, while giving the face a rosy tint.
This exclusive collection will be available in travel retail Asia Pacific and Americas.
Nars Holiday Collection
The Nars Holiday Collection embodies the spirit of the audacious 1970s punk era in London, New York and Paris. From the intense shades and solid formulas to the bold packaging, the collection reflects François Nars’ interpretation of the cool, tough street-fashion of the period.
It is the first time that the Nars logo has been distorted, and it is also the biggest collection that the brand has ever released.
The limited-edition collection is available in travel retail Asia Pacific and travel retail EMEA (UK and Dubai).
Highlights of the collection include:
• Two limited-edition palettes – the Provocateur Eyeshadow Palette, which consists of six shades that come in mattes, shimmers and metallics; and the Orgasm Infatuation Palette, which features the signature Orgasm in a blush and highlighting formula, as well as Laguna Bronzer;
• Nars Little Fetishes gift boxes, each containing a pair of mini-sized versions of the brand’s best-selling shades – Nars Little Fetishes Orgasm Blush and Lipstick consists of the Orgasm Blush and Orgasm Lipstick; and Nars Little Fetishes Audacious Mona and Rita features a daring combination of Audacious Lipsticks in Mona (rich mahogany) and Rita (bright, scarlet red).
Laura Mercier City of Lights Holiday Collection
Laura Mercier’s City of Lights holiday collection captures the festive glow, vivid colors and glamour of holidays in the city.
The brand, which has both Parisian and New York roots, took inspiration from the dazzling light shows and illuminations from both cities, blending them to create a sparkly and gold collection.
The full collection includes:
• Pret-A-Powder, a limited-edition set that includes Laura Mercier’s best-selling Translucent Loose Setting Powder and Velour Puff;
• Shadows & Lights Mini Caviar Stick Collection, which consists of four multi-tasking eyeshadow sticks that provide long-lasting color, that is transfer-, crease- and water-resistant. The sticks come in two finishes – a matte Au Naturel, and three shimmery shades of Rose Gold, Amethyst and Moonlight; and
• Velour a Deux in Coral, a limited-edition duo lip set that consists of Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Stylin and Mini Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Infatuation, both of which deliver high-impact color with a matte finish and moisturizing benefits.
Laura Mercier’s City of Lights will be available in travel retail Asia Pacific.