Travalo positions itself to double fragrance sales by 2018
According to the Premium Market Report, fragrance sales have increased by 15% in the past two years. Travalo, the award-winning refillable spray, has also experienced significant growth in sales, with global retail sales hitting US$70 million this year. Imogen Matthews, one of the UK’s leading industry experts in the beauty sector, was commissioned to determine if there is a correlation between consumers’ usage of Travalo and overall fragrance usage.
Imogen Matthews Associates designed and implemented two quantitative surveys, with results based on a substantial sample of 720 global Travalo users and 100 Cosmetic Executive Women beauty industry experts in the UK, as well as a survey of 720 global Travalo Facebook users.
IMA Associates also conducted further in-depth qualitative research and telephone interviews, specifically targeting fragrance usage and how using Travalo affected fragrance habits. This was done in two stages, both before and after sampling Travalo.
The correlation between the use of portable perfume sprays and the increase in fragrance sales is as follows:
• 89% of Beauty Industry Insiders believe that people who use portable atomizers are more likely to apply fragrance more often.
• 96% of CEW (UK) members believe that portable atomizers are a good solution when traveling, as they can be taken through airport security.
• Women who use Travalo use more fragrance than they used to. Three out of four Travalo users have boosted their fragrance usage from between 50% to more than 100%.
• One in three Travalo users say that without their Travalo, they wouldn’t be able to take their favorite fragrance on holiday or when traveling.
• Travalo is regarded as the perfect companion for travelers wanting to pack their favorite fragrance. 41.3% of our respondents bought a Travalo so that they could use their fragrance while traveling. 35.2% say they wouldn’t be able to take their fragrance when traveling if they didn’t own a Travalo.
• Airport and in-flight shops are a great way to buy Travalo products. One in 10 Travalo users bought their Travalo this way.
Travalo’s research discovered a direct correlation between the increase in fragrance usage and the use of refillable fragrance sprays. The majority of women agree that glass perfume bottles are too bulky and dangerous to carry in a handbag or suitcase when traveling and that Travalo offers the freedom to apply a fragrance more frequently during the day.
Travalo sales figures reflect the findings, as sales of the Travalo range have doubled over the last two years, hitting global retail sales of US$70 million in 2012. In conclusion, Travalo’s research indicates that if sales continue at this rate, the company is well positioned to double fragrance sales by 2018.