WEBB Banks continues to support Third Wave Volunteers in Hurricane Dorian recovery
As previously reported by Americas Duty Free magazine, Miami-based wine and spirits distributor WEBB Banks has continued to support Third Wave Volunteers (TWV) in the recovery process since Hurricane Dorian struck the Bahamas three months ago.
Drea Consuegra, WEBB Banks Manager of Supplier and Marketing, continues to be an integral part of the recovery process. “We are immensely proud of how our friends have mobilized in the wake of this tragedy, helping raise over $200,000 for the cause- thank you all for your support,” shares Consuegra.
Now that TWV have fully established their operations, Consuegra wanted to share the following updates to keep industry members and affiliates abreast of all accomplishments:
- The volunteers are primarily stationed in Grand Bahama with a focus on the community in Sweetings Key. They have distributed 40,000 solar lights, tarps, & water filters, and have shipped 28-40 foot containers of aid from their Miami Warehouse to Grand Bahama & Abaco. Two of those containers brought cleaning and building materials for the employees of our market wholesalers
- 130+ planes flown with critical aid, first responders & evacuees
- Over 50 miles of roads cleared (from transmission lines, poles and fallen trees)
- Delivered 5000 pounds worth of pet food to The Humane Society & Freeport Veterinary Clinic
- Going forward, TWV and WEBB Banks’ goal will be to help create jobs by supporting the Fisherman’s Association- getting people back to work by donating fishing supplies as well as lending and fixing boats
“The Bahamas still have a long road to recovery ahead of them, so in the spirit of the holidays and the TWV motto- ‘everyone’s needed’- we hope that you will consider different ways of contributing,’ said Consuegra. “Maria Camila and I plan on returning to Freeport in the New Year and welcome any volunteers to join us.” The next steps in the recovery ahead include:
- Third Wave will host a 2,000 person Pre-Thanksgiving day feeding with US Partners on November 23rd
- 10,000 family Resilience & Regeneration assessment project will continue through early November with a report in December
- Certify Third Wave Volunteers Bahamas as a legal Non-Profit Association entity in the Bahamas
- Initiate Bahamas Regeneration Initiative & the Bahamas TREEcovery Program in November
- Initiate the Junkanoo Spirits Project-Cheers to the Recovery Third Wave Volunteers, Webb Banks, & Platinum Knights Partnership
To make a financial donation, please reach out to: Through the Crowd Rise fund PayPal (thirdwavevolunteers2018) and Direct Deposit via Third Wave Volunteers Citibank Business: Account number 9145817339; Routing number 266086554 and SWIFT code CITI US 33.