11th sunglasses workshop announced to take place in new venue
Top eyewear suppliers (De Rigo, Essilor, Kering Eyewear, Luxottica Group, Marchon, Marcolin, Maui Jim and Safilo) announced that the 2019 Sunglasses Awards are officially open for entries. The suppliers are uniting once again to co-sponsor and co-host the 11th annual Sunglasses Workshop and Awards at the TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes later this year.
The ‘By Invitation Only’ event will take place on Tuesday, 1 October 2019, at the new venue of the Hôtel Barrière, Le Majestic, just opposite the Palais des Festivals. Sunglasses category stakeholders interested in attending the event can contact the organizers, integrated retail marketing and design agency FILTR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event will begin with an insightful and forward-thinking session, calling on the experience and expertise of several influential executives, followed by the awards ceremony, to announce winners for the following eight categories:
- Best New Sunglasses Environment
- Best Dedicated Sunglasses Sales Team
- Best Digital Initiative for the Sunglasses Category
- Best Marketing Activity: On-Airport (NEW CATEGORY)
- Best Marketing Activity: Off-Airport (NEW CATEGORY)
- Best Off-Airport Sunglasses Retailer
- Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (under US$2bn)
- Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (over US$2bn)
The deadline for to submit entries is Friday, 6 September 2019, which should be made via the dedicated category portal: sunglassescategory.com.
The judging panel comprises:
- Alessandra Piccin, Travel Retail Manager, De Rigo
- Francesco Leccisi, Vice President, Asia Pacific & Oceania & Global Travel Retail, Essilor
- Omar Hagi, Global Head of Centralized Channels, Kering Eyewear
- Alessandro Pozzi, Global Channels Director, Luxottica Group
- Erwan Le Guennec, Global Travel Retail and E-commerce Director, Marchon
- Lucilla Tremonti, Duty Free & Travel Retail Sales Manager, Marcolin
- Giles Marks, Senior Duty Free Sales Director, Maui Jim
- Alessandro Marinelli, Head of Global Travel Retail, Safilo Group
In a statement from the co-sponsors of the event: “The Sunglasses Workshop is a unique collaboration and a testament to the strength and continual growth opportunities presented by the category in the global travel retail channel. Each year, we bring travel retailers and landlords together to share their best-practices, stimulate new ideas and recognize the best-in-class for their commitment and support. We look forward to welcoming all our category partners in Cannes, with several exciting new features this year.”