SHISEIDO TR x CDFG detail The Living Art Red Show in Hainan
Shiseido Travel Retail joined forces with China Duty Free Group (CDFG) in a month-long activation to mark the launch of prestige brand SHISEIDO’s renewal of its iconic ULTIMUNE serum. Powered by The Lifeblood research and technology, the new ULTIMUNE Power Infusing Concentrate III was brought to life at Sanya International Duty Free Shopping Complex in August via an exclusive animation The Living Red Art Show. This is the third year that Shiseido Travel Retail has collaborated with CDFG to showcase its flagship brand at this premium atrium location – a milestone that further strengthens their longstanding partnership.
The newly reformulated ULTIMUNE enhances blood circulation and connects skin’s inner defensive power with the pulse of the entire body, renewing beauty with every heartbeat. To mark this revitalization and the launch of SHISEIDO’s “Power Is You” global campaign, The Living Red Art Show invited travelers to discover ULTIMUNE via an immersive consumer experience, inspired by the skin benefits of improved blood circulation. The animation was complemented by a comprehensive digital campaign to drive brand awareness and conversion.
“We are proud to present ULTIMUNE’s biggest innovation since its introduction in 2014. At Shiseido Travel Retail, we are committed to creating unique and differentiated experiences for travelers, and through The Living Red Art Show, we have delivered a compelling expression of the new ULTIMUNE and engaged our key Chinese consumers with strong digital and interactive elements. We want to thank China Duty Free Group for their shared commitment and valuable support in helping us to bring the best of SHISEIDO and Japanese Beauty to Hainan,” comments Evelyne Ly-Wainer, Vice President, SHISEIDO Travel Retail Asia Pacific.
“We are thrilled to partner with SHISEIDO Travel Retail on another successful activation with The Living Red Art Show this August. The experiential concept immersed our shoppers in the world of SHISEIDO ULTIMUNE and delivered retailtainment powered by an alluring light show in the heart of the animation space – truly elevating our summer festivities for travelers. We look forward to collaborating further with Shiseido Travel Retail to bring more creative concepts in the future, as we look to develop our business in Hainan and beyond,” adds Grace Wang, General Manager of Perfume & Cosmetics, Central Merchandising Division, China Duty Free Group.
The highly interactive experience invited travelers to discover the benefits of ULTIMUNE and learn more about SHISEIDO’s Lifeblood Research and ImuGenerationRED Technology via a series of key activities:
ULTIMUNE interactive tester stand:
- Travelers are introduced to the new ULTIMUNE at the stand – once the ULTIMUNE bottle is picked up, its technology scans the user’s face and digitally illustrates the benefits of the product and ImuGenerationRED Technology on the skin
Living red heartbeat:
- Taking center stage in the space is a striking visual installation comprising a giant display bottle of ULTIMUNE connected to flowing light tubes to depict the vitality of beauty circulation
- An ULTIMUNE auto-dispenser allows contactless trial of the serum; each drop of product automatically triggers an immersive light show, pulsing to the rhythm and sound of a heartbeat – providing a canvas for the ultimate photo opportunity
- SHISEIDO’s Skin Visualizer helps users to understand their skin condition through cutting-edge technology; this touch-free device instantly visualizes the beauty circulation in the inner and outer skin without the need for makeup removal and scores skin based on radiance, resilience and smoothness
- Post-consultation, products are recommended for purchase and results shared via e-mail
Light gift station:
- Travelers can redeem a sample of ULTIMUNE as a gift delivered via a maze of red tracks designed to simulate blood circulation
- When a token coin is inserted at the station, a gift ball will roll down the capillary-inspired tracks as the on=screen video simultaneously illustrates ULTIMUNE’s benefits
- Travelers can browse three main assortments of SHISEIDO products – bestsellers, travel exclusives and CDF exclusives, each with a dedicated display area
- To mark the launch, SHISEDIO Travel Retail created the CDF-exclusive ULTIMUNE Defense & Firming Set, comprising the new ULTIMUNE in a travel exclusive 100-ml size, Vital Perfection Wrinklespot Treatment Cream and Vital Perfection Uplifting & Firming Cream
Digital and KOL campaign:
- The animation launch was supported by a full 360-degree digital campaign, #PowerIsYou, to drive awareness of the new ULTIMUNE and traffic to the CDF e-commerce store
- The campaign was underpinned by an extensive KOL engagement program, which included a livestream collaboration with CDF led by popular Chinese influencers 狠毒女孩MONEY, 李铭泽 and Kakakaoo
- This was complemented by activity to engage Chinese consumers throughout their travel journey via a WeChat Mini Program and owned channels, as well as targeted digital media advertising