Fraport & Nashville International open 35 new outlets in 2021
Fraport Tennesse and Nashville International opened a record-setting 35 new shops and restaurants in 2021, with a focus on local. The majority of these outlets are local brands for which this is the first airport location. In December alone Fraport opened nine new restaurants, all with the local flavour and flair of Tennessee. More than a dozen new shopping and dining locations will be added in 2022.
Among the new local offerings at the airport:
• Independent TailGate Brewery specializes in small-batch specialty brews and scratch-made pizza.
• Nashville original Yazoo Brewing Company brings a variety of award-winning Yazoo beers in a newly renovated space.
• Nashville’s unique local market, deli, and eatery Southernaire Market features house-made items to go, exotic sauces, and gourmet products with a Southern influence.
• Little Harpeth Brewing adds beers crafted in the tradition of German lagers, consistent with the beers of pre-prohibition Middle Tennesseans.
• Pig Star by Peg Leg Porker serves Memphis-style BBQ from acclaimed Pitmaster Carey Bringle, known for his award-winning Nashville restaurant, Peg Leg Porker.
• Over 342 square meters of premium space, Puckett’s Grocery and Restaurant offer great food and hospitality, Puckett’s built its name on hosting live music and serving Southern comfort food classics.
• Three Casks brings the Tennessee Whiskey Trail, featuring locally made whiskey, spirits, and beer along with burgers, sandwiches and in-house BBQ made with local ingredients.
• Bongo Java, Kijiji Coffee House, and 8th & Roast Coffee Co. serve delicious coffee bean brews in multiple locations.
“Our success in 2021 would not have been possible without our partners at the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA),” said Matt Jennings, vice president of Fraport Tennessee. “On behalf of our team and new operators, I want to thank MNAA for all they did to support us on this amazing journey. We are excited for what will come in 2022.”