Lagardère Travel Retail’s F&B operations open to passengers in Chile
As the new terminal opens at Arturo-Merino-Benítez airport in Santiago de Chile, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to increase its global F&B operations with the opening of five foodservice outlets at the airport. In total, Lagardère Travel Retail will be operating 20 restaurants at the airport by next year. These are the first F&B operations for Lagardère Travel Retail not only in Chile but also in the region.
Three more are to come soon, depending on traffic recovery: Krossbar, a beer and pizza concept, Kaki (Asian woks) and Beercode (beer concept).
At the airport, Lagardère offers a combination of popular Chilean brands such as Uncle Fletch, Lulupok, Krossbar, La Picá and La Maestranza. Grab & go and impulse local products enhance the regional offerings.
“We are very proud of these openings which took place in a very challenging environment and are thankful to our local partners who have worked hand in hand with us” commented Juan Pablo Gana, General Manager of Lagardère Travel Retail Foodservices Chile, adding: “This helped us to realize how important it is to be able to rely on local providers when imports are so uncertain.”
Local and sustainable
All concepts have been developed to minimize environmental impact. Lagardère sources local food products and raw materials, and enforces the highest standards of sustainable practices.
To reduce dependence on imports, the company developed strong partnerships with Chilean companies to support their local development and better promote local know-how and expertise. Sustainable and local practices include:
• Purchasing vegetables from the first vertical culture of Chile, free of pesticides and preservatives, and from one of the first circular economy-based vegetable producer
• Exclusively sourcing eggs from cage-free hens
• Working with several start-ups and small local suppliers who produce raw materials with renewable energy, or which support the circular economy
• Using compostable or recyclable packaging
• Gluten-free and vegan offer
• Recycling used frying oil
• Working hand in hand with the commercial team of Arturo Benito Menitez Airport to develop sustainable solution for our wastes