Deadline extended for Sunglasses Awards 2019 entries
The entry deadline for the 9th Sunglasses Awards – co-organized by eight suppliers De Rigo, Essilor, Kering Eyewear, Luxottica Group, Marchon, Marcolin, Maui Jim and Safilo – has been extended to September 13, 2019.
Entries can be submitted on www.sunglassescategory.com, the official website for the Sunglasses Workshop and Awards 2019.
The Sunglasses Awards recognize the achievements and best-in-class executions and is part of the annual Sunglasses Workshop and Awards event in Cannes.
The invitation-only program will take place on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at the new venue of the Hôtel Barrière, Le Majestic, opposite the Palais des Festivals.
Sunglasses category stakeholders interested in attending the event can contact the organizers, retail marketing and design agency FILTR, at email@example.com.
A statement from the co-sponsors of the event runs: “Creating an environment that is open to sharing success stories and coming together to celebrate each other’s achievements is one of our goals when we formulated the Sunglasses Awards. We’ve already received very positive responses in terms of award submissions, and with this extension, we want to encourage as many organizations as possible – big and small – to enter the awards and promote the sunglasses category.”
There will be eight award categories for the 2019 Sunglasses Awards, with two new categories:
1. Best New Sunglasses Environment
2. Best Dedicated Sunglasses Sales Team
3. Best Digital Initiative for the Sunglasses Category
4. Best Marketing Activity: On-Airport (New category)
5. Best Marketing Activity: Off-Airport (New category)
6. Best Off-Airport Sunglasses Retailer
7. Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (under US$2 billion)
8. Sunglasses Retailer of the Year (over US$2 billion)
New for the 2019 Awards, each retailer can enter only one submission per award category, and same as last year, 2018 award winners will not be eligible to win the same category in 2019.
The judging panel comprises:
• Alessandra Piccin, Travel Retail Manager, De Rigo
• Francesco Leccisi, Vice President, Asia Pacific & Oceania & Global Travel Retail, Essilor
• Omar Hagi, Global Head of Centralized Channels, Kering Eyewear
• Alessandro Pozzi, Global Channels Director, Luxottica Group
• Erwan Le Guennec, Global Travel Retail and E-commerce Director, Marchon
• Lucilla Tremonti, Duty Free & Travel Retail Sales Manager, Marcolin
• Giles Marks, Senior Duty Free Sales Director, Maui Jim
• Alessandro Marinelli, Head of Global Travel Retail, Safilo Group